Microgreens Salad Recipe – The Stack
One of the best kinds of recipes is one you can have with any meal, in my opinion, and this absolutely fits the bill. This microgreen salad recipe can accompany pretty much any savoury meal, or you can use it as the base for a full salad, the world is truly your oyster.
For this recipe, we use everything in our Korare Sampler. So, if you’re not sure where to buy your microgreens, you can subscribe to our weekly delivery to make sure you have tasty supplies a-plenty.
Without any further ado, let’s try out a delicious microgreens stack recipe!
The Stack Recipe
These are all microgreens, not their full vegetable counterparts.
- Sunflower microgreens
- Pak choi or broccoli microgreens
- Radish microgreens
- Kale microgreens
- Coriander microgreens
- Beetroot microgreens
The Balsamic Dressing
- 6 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2TBSP balsamic vinegar
The Additions (Optional)
- Protein: Chicken, salmon, or tuna
- Cheese feta, crumbled cheddar, or grated parmesan
- Vegetables: tomato and pickles
- Start off by harvesting all your microgreens from their growth punnets. Make sure you’re cutting them far enough away from the soil or rough that you’re not including the seed, then wash them thoroughly.
- Grab all your microgreens and put them in a bowl, fluffing them together to create a delicious multi-coloured mix of nutritious greens. These will form the base of the stack.
- Prepare your protein in any way you prefer. I love going for light preparation on these aspects of a stack because they allow the true flavours of the stack to shine through. For example, try baking your chicken in some oil, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs for the perfect combination.
- Next up, mix your dressing. Balsamic dressing is super easy to make, just combine the oil and vinegar and stir.
- Take a large handful of greens and put them on your serving plate, leaving some aside for the final presentation.
- Dress these greens with your prepared dressing. Careful not to drench them! You want the flavour of the greens to shine through the acidity and sweetness of the dressing.
- Place any additional ingredients you’ve chosen on top of the stack, including your protein, cheese, and vegetables.
- Finally, crown this delicious meal with the microgreens you kept aside.
Marvel at the beauty of this ultra-nutritious meal, pick up your knife and fork, and tuck in
We want to see your delicious microgreen salad recipes!
Have you created your very own microgreen stack? We want to see what it looks like! Post it on Instagram and tag waikato.microgreens and we can include you on our story.
Wondering where to buy microgreens? We make that simple! Order our Korare Sampler for just $25 a week and get delicious, living microgreens delivered to your doorstep.